Tuesday, January 1

Heading into the new year

The path may seem a bit foggy and unclear, but the road still remains. As we head into 2008 I am taking a few minutes to look forward..we so often look back at the "good ole days" that in the scope of reality were just the old days. Sure, some things great happened. Yes, we did lose a few friends and family along the way that are still missed today. But while we were in those days they were just like these days...they were life. So I am looking forward to what it is that I can do to make the coming days, weeks, months and years not only memorable but also meaningful.
  • This year, in 2008, my second daughter will turn 13 (in two days). She is a teenager now, along with the oldest. My hope is to help her establish a more positive self esteem and to learn to love herself just as she is. I hope for her success and accomplishment in all areas of interest. I hope for her to make some deep and nourishing friendships.
  • This year my youngest turns 5 years old. She will start Kindergarten in the fall, a fact that is mentioned by her weekly with excitement and joy. My goal is to encourage that excitement, to feed that joy and prepare her (and myself) to enter the doors of her classroom with confidence and be okay with a touch of sadness.
  • This year my son will turn nine years old. He, being my only boy, will grow in ways that I do not yet know or am able to predict. He is learning french in school, he writes in cursive, he reads voraciously, he is a gentleman (I find him often standing holding the door for countless people just because he knows its a meaningful gesture) he is a whiz at computer games and continues to astound me in so many ways. He is a soccer kid. I do not know what lies ahead, but I look forward to watching him.
  • This year my oldest will finish middle school and enter her first year of high school. My goals for her are to encourage her to explore as many avenues of talent, interest and joy as we can find and not let her fears, insecurities nor challenges keep her from trying. I hope for her to keep and nourish wonderful friendships that carry her throughout her school career.
  • This year my husband and I will celebrate 17 years of marriage. My only hope is that we have a continued life of the joy and love we have developed and to love each other more and better.

Happy New Year and Blessings to you and your family!

NOW faith is the substance of things hoped for (Heb. 11:1a)

1 comment:

kizzy72 said...

What a perfect image for this new year! Faith come in handy when the road blurs ahead of us.

Happy New Year, dear friend! Great thoughts for 2008!!!