Wednesday, December 5

"Seeing isn't believing, Believing is Seeing"


I love Christmas. The lights, the presents, the tree, the pageants, the Nativity sets all around town. But what I love most has nothing to do with the tangible but the Spirit and the Remembrance of why we celebrate. So many get caught up in the 'legalities' of the birth, or dismiss it altogether in favor of the Santa theories. For me, all that matters is what goes on in my heart and family. The heart that is allowed to become more transparent with love as we give gifts to say "I love you, you are a gift to me". It's not about what we hold, buy, share, give or receive it's the intangibles that we share, give or receive. It's in the ways we love each other, are more giving to each other, more generous with not only our money but our time and our smiles of good will.
In the light of the tree, with the fire going in the fireplace and the soft tones of "O Holy Night" I celebrate the greatest gift given to us. The gift of life, love and hope!
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. " (Heb. 11:1)


quote in title: Judy the Elf, The Santa Clause

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love Christmas. Great post..Merry Christmas!