Thursday, July 13
Thanks, but I'll ask for your opinion if I want it!
I have a confession to make. Here goes, hope you can handle it.....I have four kids. Yep, four. For some reason, especially at Walmart or Target or the Mall people somehow feel compelled to comment on my extraordinary family. For some reason people are overwhelmed with the idea of four kids. Here are the top five comments I have received in the last six months:
5. Four kids?!? (said incredulously)
4. Wow, looks like you have your hands full. (huh, does it look like I'm trying to carry them all?)
3. Only one boy, poor little guy. (Yes, poor him...Life would be SO MUCH calmer with another boy)
2. Haven't you figured out how that happens? (Duh! I enjoy perfecting something I'm obviously good at)
1. Better you than me! (With that attitude, I'm glad it's me and not you!)
and the one that got the asinine award: You remind me of the lady in Arkansas with 17 kids. (huh? Did I miss something in college? Are the numbers 4 and 17 nearer in the number line than I thought?)
Somehow, in the mind of strangers I have made myself a target for their comments. I have decided that I am going to begin responding with various responses....After all, if they are going to open themselves up, I'm going to jump right in. My new responses, feel free to use them if you want...I have a range due to ages, gender and number...Just for variety.
1. Yep, the first two ARE only 14 1/2 months apart...I believed in the Y2K theory and wanted to make sure I had at least two kids before the world ended....Didn't you?
2. Yep, the first two ARE only 14 1/2 months apart. Come on, look at me...It was bound to happen...How could DH resist this body?
3. Yes, one boy. We just wanted to make sure that I had someone to open doors for all of us girls when Daddy's not home.
4. Four kids....Those are just the ones with me. The other 13 are at home practicing the violin.
5. Four kids....We just wanted to keep going to see how many eye colors we could come up with in the family. (each child has a diff. Eye color...Spooky, huh?)
6. Four kids....I needed that many to make sure all the chores get done... One to wash dishes, one to do laundry one to vacuum and one to cook.
7. Four kids...We felt like it would be irresponsible to drive a suv in today's world unless we had enough kids to fill the seats. Just trying to be responsible.
8. Four kids....We didn't feel like it was fair of us to expect just one kid to take care of us when we get old.
Now is your turn....Let's hear some of the responses you have received and I'll post them along with any responses you would like to add.
at 5:22 PM